Sunday, March 31, 2013

Artists To Check Out

I'm very fortunate that I live in an artistic community, that people here value and cherish art. I'm also very fortunate that I know many amazing artists. I want to share their websites because these guys are great and are really going places. Please check out the links below for some awesome art...

I met Cuong at the Triton Museum of Art in Santa Clara, at the opening of his solo show: ASPECTS: Multiple Faces, Multiple Views (September 29 - November 11, 2012). I was blown away by the talent this artist has, his work is amazing. And he is such a nice guy and just a pleasure to talk to. Cuong is really going places and I wish him nothing but the best.

Oscar is a crazy guy, a good friend, and an awesome artist. I've been friends with this guy for a while now (we met at Mission College and have had many of the same art instructors) and his art just continues to improve with each new painting and drawing. He works hard at his art and he inspires others to keep working hard too.

I also met Miha at Mission College (seems to be a great artist hangout) and was just wowed by his art. He is a fantastic illustrator and has a very creative and unique painting style, you won't find art like his anywhere else.

Wadl 
I was in a group show at a local Starbucks called stARTbucks - When Passions Collide (March 31, 2012) when I first viewed Patrick "Wadl" Hofmeister's art. Holy cow, can this dude paint. I literally could not stop starring at his paintings (there's so much to see!). He is so creative and talented, especially check out his "pattern" paintings (they show some serious skill and patience).

Now these aren't the only awesome artists I know, but I don't want to overload you right now so expect some more soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment